Author Topic: IRC Problem  (Read 1428 times)

Offline iMJets

• SA-MP Donator
  • .::[UB]::. Clan Founder
    • [UnBreakables] Clan Forums
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Jets[UB]
IRC Problem
« on: July 24, 2011, 10:09:42 PM »
Well I have a basic pest Problem, Someone keeps using my irc name on the same irc network, and im really annoyed with it so I know I can ghost him, but is there anyway I can set it to automatically kick someone if they do not login in so so time, when im not on?

Offline [V]ACE

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
Re: IRC Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 02:24:43 PM »
there is but i can not remember how. I used to have it. People use my name on irc (occasionally) and i just ghost em and done.
I know it can be done, as i did it when someone (think it was riz or pubez) tried to get my name. As soon as they changed there name to ACE 2 mins later it instantly changed it as they had no pass for it. Can not remember how i did it.

One note though: Ghost does not mean someone has your nick. Its something to do when you lose you irc connection and reconnect. IRC still thinks that you are connected, until it tries to send something (every couple of mins) to you and realises your gone. Ghost just performs this quicker. Basically ghost means that the IRC network still thinks your on irc.

Will look in to the "if no pass entered it instantly changes the persons nick" thing on irc.

UPDATE:
Found it. Go on irc, and do the normal "/ns identify PW" then do /ns set kill on
If someone tries to use your nick they will have 60 seconds to change it or be given a new name. One note is that if you fail to log in then your nick will be changed. Do /ns set help for more info.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:35:08 PM by [V]ACE »

TOP-SAMP

Offline iMJets

• SA-MP Donator
  • .::[UB]::. Clan Founder
    • [UnBreakables] Clan Forums
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Jets[UB]
Re: IRC Problem
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 09:28:13 PM »
there is but i can not remember how. I used to have it. People use my name on irc (occasionally) and i just ghost em and done.
I know it can be done, as i did it when someone (think it was riz or pubez) tried to get my name. As soon as they changed there name to ACE 2 mins later it instantly changed it as they had no pass for it. Can not remember how i did it.

One note though: Ghost does not mean someone has your nick. Its something to do when you lose you irc connection and reconnect. IRC still thinks that you are connected, until it tries to send something (every couple of mins) to you and realises your gone. Ghost just performs this quicker. Basically ghost means that the IRC network still thinks your on irc.

Will look in to the "if no pass entered it instantly changes the persons nick" thing on irc.

UPDATE:
Found it. Go on irc, and do the normal "/ns identify PW" then do /ns set kill on
If someone tries to use your nick they will have 60 seconds to change it or be given a new name. One note is that if you fail to log in then your nick will be changed. Do /ns set help for more info.

ahh finnally thank you now, i hopefully wont have any problems.