Author Topic: Ban appeal  (Read 1114 times)

Offline 210W

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
Ban appeal
« on: May 03, 2015, 08:13:30 PM »
Nick used whilst ingame: 210W
Time and Date that you were banned: 16:09 GMT+3 3.05.2015
Suspected Reason (if any): "1d event shooting"
IP Address: see baninfo
Admin that banned you (if known): Amiel
Extra notes:

I was at the yellow team spawn making headshots and suddenly the message appears that says I'm banned for some "1d Event shooting". Frankly, I didn't understand what was the reason of the ban and what "event shooting" I made at the yellows spawn.
After reading the log I saw that my ban was literally begged by Usmanulamin because I killed him.
What was it look like from my side:
Me together with XTM are at the yellows spawn area, I've been killed by DarkFox

[16:04:38] *> 210W killed [UFt]zEe^ with an M4 to head. <*
[16:04:39] *> DarkFox killed 210W with an M4 to head. <*
[16:04:39] * 210W's spree was ended by DarkFox!

And I, of cource, appear at my spawn. At Starfish Island on the way to yellows spawn I saw some pink guy and, of cource, killed him like a potential enemy. Later on I got my way to yellows spawn where subsequently got a ban.

I want to point staff attention to the following points:

Firstly, I belong to the group of people that LW players (for the most part are low gameing level players) think are cheaters and feel an undisguised hatred towards us. I perfectly understand that this hatred is caused by a complete inability to beat us in game, and the stories about cheats - a fiction that allows these players to somehow explain out total supremacy over them.
I also admit the probability that inside the staff there are people who're biased towards us, but at the same time there is a glimmer of hope inside me that the common sense and justice will prevail.

Secondly, I want the staff to pay attention at the next messages:

[16:05:35] Usmanulamin: ban this 210w
[16:05:49] Usmanulamin: AMIEL BAN THIS 210W HE KILLED A RACE I.E ME
[16:06:16] Usmanulamin: AMIEL 210W KILLED ME -_-
[16:06:38] Usmanulamin: amiel 210w killed me during race
[16:08:04] Usmanulamin: 210w killed me during race...
[16:08:20] Usmanulamin: he deserves a ban
[16:08:21] Usmanulamin: please

I, of cource, understand that Usman is still an underdeveloped child and one of those newbies that cry about cheats, but it's obvious that in a matter of 4 minutes he was whinging in chat and BEGGED for a ban to me.

Thirdly, I want to point out that the race route was going through Starfish on which, is known, the Tommies spawnpoint. Taking into account the fact that lots of players use Tommy skin it's quite obvious that any player from the Tommy team - whether I or another random person - could kill any participant of the race just because they are near the spawnpoint. Not me, nor any other player are obligated to know that the one who's in their sights is an event participant.
And I really didn't know that my victim is participating somewhere (despite the fact that I knew about the holding event and, not to distract, attacked the yellows spawn)

Fourthly, I'd like to point on the following:

[16:01:10] *** _BHANG is connecting from Pakistan.
[16:01:10] Enforcing prior ban on:[ _BHANG ] Reason:[ event shooting ] Time left:[ 23 hours 58 minutes ] Admin:[ [du]amiel ]

[16:09:56] *** 210W is connecting from Russian Federation.
[16:09:56] Enforcing prior ban on:[ 210W ] Reason:[ 1d Event shooting ] Time left:[ 4 weeks 2 days ] Admin:[ amiel ]

I'm leaving this without comments, offering everyone to make a conclusion independently.

Offline Foxtrot

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Clan of the Year (2016)
    • Awards
Re: Ban appeal
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 08:33:41 PM »
lmao wow. At first i didn't want to waste my time reading your shitty report but after all i thought i should. You, my friend, are a complete retard.
   <~morphine>   nobody likes foxtrot
   <~morphine>   nobody understands his ethos
   <~morphine>   and nobody ever will

Offline Amiel

• VC-MP Retirees
  • The Events Master
    • DU Clan Forum
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [DU]Amiel
Re: Ban appeal
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 04:01:30 AM »
TL;DR. After reviewing the logs the race was still going on when you killed Usman. I announced not to kill any participants especially those who are using the pink skin yet you killed him regardless of any circumstances.

Also, your ban is meant to be a 1 day ban. Though I mistakenly used /ban instead of /tempban but as you can see you have 1d Event shooting. May I ask my fellow admins to unban this guy later as I'm headed to the hospital for a back operation. I'll be away for at least 2-3 days.

Next time, don't try to be an ass. You're trying too hard.
Player wish granted.