Author Topic: please get rid of ping jitter  (Read 2024 times)

Offline JoK3R

• Kiddy Fish
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: JOK3R
please get rid of ping jitter
« on: July 22, 2020, 09:58:59 PM »
I've seen a lot of complaints about the high ping issues lately, and i understand why this ping jitter kick has been added, but my god it's so annoying and frustrating to be kicked every 2 minutes, and there's not that many players in the server anyway, i think that will keep away most players from joining the server, i'd love to see a lot of changes and updates in the server, but not making it frustrating to play and enjoy 

Offline Eazym4

• VC-MP Donator
  • She belongs to the streets - Sir future
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [VU_T]Eazym4
  • VC-MP: [VU_T]Eazym4
Re: please get rid of ping jitter
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 10:02:38 PM »
You wanna play and enjoy but your ping can be frustrating for everyone else in the server. Your ping wont let the other players “enjoy and play” . If you wanna play and enjoy then fix your ping lol. -1
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 10:15:56 PM by Eazym4 »

Offline JoK3R

• Kiddy Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 10:17:10 PM »
i join the server daily at a certain times, and i see like about 5 players getting kicked per minute for ping jitter, also my ping average is between 70 and 100 max, i just think the ping jitter kick needs to be fixed a bit or removed and replace by another rule kick

Offline JoK3R

• Kiddy Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 10:23:36 PM »
also i wanna add that, I don't like auto changing weather especially the raining stormy one, I think everyone will agree with me on that

Offline AdTec_224

• Management
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 01:45:48 AM »
There's nothing wrong with the jitter system, the problem is your awful internet connection. The jitter limit is 25% of your average ping OR 40 if 25% is less than 40, so if you have a ping of 200 it'll kick you if your jitter is higher than 50.

Kicked jok_ER Average ping: 103 - Jitter: 49 - Limit: 40
Kicked jok_ER Average ping: 169 - Jitter: 45 - Limit: 42
Kicked jok_ER Average ping: 192 - Jitter: 68 - Limit: 48
Kicked jok_ER Average ping: 160 - Jitter: 97 - Limit: 40
Kicked jok_ER Average ping: 178 - Jitter: 118 - Limit: 45

As for weather changing, it is exactly the same system as singleplayer (the only difference being it's a 48 minute day instead of a 24 minute day). So if your PC can't handle singleplayer you really shouldn't be playing multiplayer.

Offline JoK3R

• Kiddy Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 03:59:34 AM »
i understand all about that, but i don't think players should be kicked  constantly all that much either reduce the ping limitation as it was, so it's understandably a deserved kick and not too constant and that should replace it, plus all my argument about the weather was that the storm is kinda spooky there's no problem with my pc, all i was talking about it should be replace with night time and sun time ~weather instead of rainy stormy and sunny

Offline JoK3R

• Kiddy Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 04:10:27 AM »
and i see like about 5 players getting kicked per minute for ping jitter

also you can fact check me on this

Offline AdTec_224

• Management
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 08:09:50 PM »
I should have mentioned in the last post that (at least for the moment) the jitter system is here to stay. HOWEVER I'm still tweaking it, I've increased it's tolerance from 25% to 40% (might be adjusted again in the future) and It now also warns you multiple times before kicking you:

Offline JoK3R

• Kiddy Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 08:35:54 AM »
I should have mentioned in the last post that (at least for the moment) the jitter system is here to stay. HOWEVER I'm still tweaking it, I've increased it's tolerance from 25% to 40% (might be adjusted again in the future) and It now also warns you multiple times before kicking you:

i was kinda hopeless after morphine response, but thanks anyways for your help and listening  <3

Offline morphine

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Clan of the Year (2016)
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 09:48:11 AM »
my response was to your nagging, and AdTec_224 basically rewrote what I said, and added a bit of his own commentary.

glad it's been/being sorted out in any case. :)

Offline JoK3R

• Kiddy Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 10:10:10 AM »
my response was to your nagging

can you please mention the part where i nagged anyone, i just made the topic and were having a discussion and you have the permissions to lock it at anytime