Poll

You Like My Idea ?

Hell Yeah (I like men)
11 (91.7%)
Booo
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Fixed up Features  (Read 4624 times)

Offline iMJets

• SA-MP Donator
  • .::[UB]::. Clan Founder
    • [UnBreakables] Clan Forums
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Jets[UB]
Fixed up Features
« on: December 30, 2010, 10:57:50 AM »
A summary of the changes that you want

- Car Cannon, Fixed and Re Added.

- Race Challenges, Fixed and Re Added.

The advantages of this change happening

- They were amazingly fun

- More Players

The disadvantages of this change happening

- None

Any script snippets which provide the feature that you want

- None

Offline BikeDriver

• Fisher
  • I can do anything
    • Awards
Re: Fixed up Features
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 11:21:32 AM »
i dont care about the car cannon but i really want race challenges backkkkkkk
BikeDriv:))))

Haha blwelrwelrt, I registered here earlier :P

Offline Swanson

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 11:38:07 AM »
That cannon was so cool, it gave some extra gameplay possibilities. Like when you were followed, you went to cannon and launched yourself (and if you didn't watch out your car exploded), and in other cases your followers were smashed into death. So sweet.

Offline Gryphus_One

• Banned
  • Personal Text
    • My Youtube account ;)
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 02:32:40 PM »
I have never seen that car cannon, but sounds cool. 8)

Offline iMJets

• SA-MP Donator
  • .::[UB]::. Clan Founder
    • [UnBreakables] Clan Forums
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Jets[UB]
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 03:34:11 AM »
I have never seen that car cannon, but sounds cool. 8)
before ur time, but its not that old. Just wondering why it was removed in the first place also..

Offline Swanson

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 03:50:47 AM »
I think because it caused a lag in a big area and caused some bugs, don't know about the bug part exactly but I remember it caused massive lag all around the place, but it was still an awesome feature.

Offline blewert

• The big cheese
  • Management
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: trewelb
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 11:53:40 AM »
the car cannon was essentially a pile of train-hoppers in the same position. You touched it with your car/bike/heli/whatever and it flung you at a ridiculous speed across the end of the runway. It worked in 0.2, but afaik it didn't work properly in 0.3. That and it fucked up the LV Airport race(?).

It doesn't really matter though, because that was 0.2. 0.2 didn't have functions to set/get velocity of vehicles, whereas in 0.3 you can; all you'd have to detect is whether they're in the right position and just boost their velocity a lot. I'm not sure whether it would be allowed back though, it was fun, but more of a distraction and it caused less people to fight. But on the other hand, new players might stick around because the car cannon is some funny shit! :p

Offline Gryphus_One

• Banned
  • Personal Text
    • My Youtube account ;)
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 12:44:22 PM »
I'm not sure whether it would be allowed back though, it was fun, but more of a distraction and it caused less people to fight. But on the other hand, new players might stick around because the car cannon is some funny shit! :p

Ohh no, the same myth again. Why don't we remove races, duel arena etc. according to that same reasoning? this is like parallel worlds: they don't reduce the number of people fighting on the streets, but increase the total number of players in the server, because if a newbie is dying all the time, instead of raging /q he is more likely to use those other features, as you yourself say at the end of the quote.

Offline AJP

• SA-MP Retirees
  • N1158Q
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 09:24:12 PM »
v4 is being worked on, some of these things are already going to be implemented. I'm moving this to rejected to cause less confusion to the scripters.

Offline blewert

• The big cheese
  • Management
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: trewelb
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 07:16:59 PM »
I'm not sure whether it would be allowed back though, it was fun, but more of a distraction and it caused less people to fight. But on the other hand, new players might stick around because the car cannon is some funny shit! :p

Ohh no, the same myth again. Why don't we remove races, duel arena etc. according to that same reasoning? this is like parallel worlds: they don't reduce the number of people fighting on the streets, but increase the total number of players in the server, because if a newbie is dying all the time, instead of raging /q he is more likely to use those other features, as you yourself say at the end of the quote.
I was actually for this feature to be implemented, but you took it the wrong way (again)

The duel arena causes more people to fight, and the races adds a bit of action into the server. You've also gotta remember that we have to try to keep the "DM" in "LW_LVDM", and for it not to be a hybrid of stunting/RP/etc and DM. Actually adding this would maybe increase the playercount, new players would stick around for longer but they'd be more interested in the car cannon than actually playing the gamemode itself.