Author Topic: Audio issue help :s  (Read 1964 times)

Offline [V]ACE

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
Audio issue help :s
« on: January 18, 2011, 10:54:29 AM »
So the scenario, otherwise the rest wont make sense:

New graphics card which supports HD. So i plugged in HD cable to TV, but the card has the capability of sending Audio over the HD lead, so sound comes from computer (yeah I know its strange, but it is true).

Now the computer see's that i have two sound cards (the graphic card which is in HD and the realtek motherboard one), BUT it sees the gfx card as a superior sound card, so disables the motherboard (realtek) one. All fine, but it also disables my ability to use the mic/line in ports. I want to use those ports (would like speaker to work as well).

Now i have tried:
Reinstalling realtek drivers,
Reinstalling original drivers,
Enabling mobo audio, via bios,
looked in registry,
tried disabling front panel detection of realtek (some sites says this helps, but i cant do it as i have no option for this)

I think that is about the limits of what I have tried. So, anyone got any ideas?

Running windows 7 64bit, and geforce card.

Also anyone know if i use a "usb plug in" sound card, would it work, or be overridden by the gfx card?

Any help is appreciated,
-ACE

TOP-SAMP

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
Re: Audio issue help :s
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 02:13:43 PM »
Well just to be sure i would disable the audio drivers that are connected to your internal audio system before tryint to use the USB audio card. And then i guess it should work just perfectly.

Also how did it go is ur PC working properly now again ACE ?

Offline [V]ACE

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
Re: Audio issue help :s
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 04:20:35 PM »
PC is ok, and i got usb headphones (old pair) which work, still no luck on mo/bo audfio so i will save and get a usb audio thingy... :D

TOP-SAMP