Author Topic: Beginners Guide to Project Apollo Community  (Read 30227 times)

Offline Force

• VC-MP Developer
    • Awards
Beginners Guide to Project Apollo Community
« on: June 08, 2012, 01:34:38 PM »
Project Apollo Community (PAC) - Beginners Guide

Project Apollo Community, or PAC for short, is a system that allows you to register on any PAC enabled server and use the same account on any other server that is using PAC.

When a player registers on the PAC system, they are given a profile page on our website, PAC will then start tracking them across any PAC servers that they join. PAC servers are able to make full use of the stats system PAC has implemented that tracks play time, achievements and friends.

We are going to look into how to effictively use the PAC website (http://community.project-apollo.co.uk) to make the most out of your PAC account.

Logging In
When you visit the home page of the community site, or any page on the community site, you will have the option to login at the top right corner of the page.

To login, you simply fill in the username and password that you used to register on a PAC server. If you want to be auto logged in each time you visit, tick the "Remember me!" checkbox, then hit the "Login" button.

Profiles
Now that you are logged in, you will notice the "Login" button has been changed into a button with your username in it. There are also buttons "Project Apollo Community" which leads you to the home page, "Search" which you can use to search for PAC accounts and "Forum" which will lead you to the PAC forums. Cool, now head for the button that has your username in it. Clicking this button will open a little window below. This windows displays your current avatar as well as some information about your account. There are also a few actions to carry out. These are "View Profile", "Settings", "Update password" and "Logout". You can also view and manage your Friends List by clicking "Manage Friends". Clicking on the "View Profile" button will take you to your personal profile. If you click the "Settings" button, you will be able to update some details for your profile as well as user related settings. Clicking the "Update Password" button will take you to a page where it's possible to change your password. I'll go deeper into this later. Finally there's "Logout" which is pretty self-explanatory.

First off, let's view your profile. This is your public profile and every registered PAC user sees your profile like it's displayed right now. There's plenty of information about you here: first your avatar and PAC ID are right next to your username. Then there's your registration date, your in-game name, online status and your personal motto or slogan below them. These are followed by your latest activities which show your most recent activities on whatever server you have been playing on and finally the previously mentioned list of friends.

On the right hand side you will notice some more information which of some can be edited by clicking the "Edit Profile" button. This button leads to the very same page as the earlier mentioned "Update Profile". Right, below the General Info you can see your total playtime on each PAC server and if you happen to be a staff member of any of those servers that'll be displayed towards the bottom of the page too.

Edit Profile
After clicking "Edit Profile" and then choosing either the "Account" or "General" tab, the section allows you to change a few things that will be shown on your profile page. These are as follows:

About me - A small message that explains you.
E-mail address - Allows you to change your e-mail address. This will not be shown in public.
Birthday - Allows you to show your birthday and age on your profile, you can choose to hide this if you wish.
Language - Currently there are two options, English or Spanish. Any PAC servers can use this setting to send language specific messages if they so wish.
Avatar - Upload an image that will be used to recognize you when visiting your profile page.
Community Name - This is the name that will be shown and used to login on the PAC website.
In-game name - Allows you to change your in-game name. This requires admin approval before taking effect.
Clan Tag - The tag of the clan that you are currently rolling with.
Website Name - If you have a website, you can put the name of it here.
Website URL - The link to your websites home page.

Friends
When you visit the "Manage friends" page, you will be given a list of all friends that you have added on PAC. You will be able to either "View" their profile, or if you require it, you can remove this friend from your friends list.

You can add a friend by visiting their profile page, usually the easiest method to find it is to use the "Search" tool that is implemented into the PAC website. Once there, click the "Add Friend" button under the "Actions" area.

Admen! I forgot my password!
If you forget your password, don't make a new account and don't panic! You can easily reset your password, providing you have a valid e-mail address. Simply navigate here: http://pacommunity.co.uk/recovery

Now follow the on-screen instructions provided to reset your password and gain access your account. The password change will apply to both the website and any PAC enabled servers.

I need to change name!
If you have changed the name that you use in-game due to changing clan or just a general name change, then you can login to the PAC website with the old name that you were using. Once you have done so, you can then go to "Edit Profile" and fill in the "In-game Nick" area with your new name.

Once you have entered your new name into the box, click the "Save" button at the bottom of the form and then wait until an admin has approved your nick change request.

If you are successful, you will then be able to login to the website and any PAC enabled servers with your new name. If the server has been done properly, it should also transfer all your in-game stats over as well, so you don't need to worry about asking the server administrators about doing this.

Achievements
The PAC has a system in place that enables server owners to easily implement achievements into their server scripts. On each profile page, under "Server playtime" there will be a link to all servers that the user has played on. If you click on the server name you will be taken to a stats page for that particular server and player.

It will show you when they were last on the server, how many hours they have played and any achievements that have been unlocked on that server.

These are achievements that the user has yet to complete:

And this is an example of an achievement that has been unlocked by the user:

Hopefully this beginners guide has proved somewhat useful to any PAC users that may be a bit confused as to how the system works, but it's quite simple in the end really. You register with PAC on an enabled server, then you don't have to register again for any other servers that are running PAC.

We may add/change this guide as we see fit, so please do check back to see if any changes have been made.

-- PAC Staff
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 05:20:31 PM by Darfy »
Twitch TV Livestreams: http://twitch.tv/forceh91/

Offline Fassi786

Re: Beginners Guide to Project Apollo Community
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 10:59:19 AM »
https://pacommunity.co.uk/signin
                                                   THIS WEBSITE IS NOT OPEN IN PK.
                                                                                                                       WHY?
Hadi_LHR

Offline Fassi786

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 11:14:12 AM »

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from pacommunity.co.uk (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
  Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy
Back to safetyAdvanced
Hadi_LHR

Offline Usmanulamin

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Most Friendly (2015)
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 12:15:10 PM »
Click advanced and further click on proceed button, you'll be able to open the site.

Offline Bhai

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Mod of the Year (2014)
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 10:17:21 AM »

Offline Darfy

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 09:49:27 AM »
Guide rewritten to match the new PAC layout.

Offline ZayBee

• VC-MP Donator
  • Javla HELLVIEȚË ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 10:01:31 AM »
Is there any way to restart the stats of a player through pac?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
''Float like a butterfly, Sting like a Bee''

Offline Darfy

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 10:05:46 AM »
Is there any way to restart the stats of a player through pac?
No, resetting stats is not currently possible.

Offline [TkD]Amir

• Kiddy Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 02:02:00 PM »
how to register in project apollo community

Offline SMD

• VC-MP Donator
  • Don't Break Rules or i reach you.
    • Awards
  • VC-MP: [VU]SMD_Driver
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 02:25:11 PM »
how to register in project apollo community

You don't need to register you can login with your in-game nick I mean nick in LW server you use you that there with with same password.

Credits : KocKex

Offline [TkD]Amir

• Kiddy Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 01:20:04 PM »
oh...

Offline Maddy`

• VC-MP Donator
  • ÃŒl Mìgìlòrè
  • Awards VC-MP Most Hated (2015)
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Maddy
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 05:12:13 PM »
Idk but PAC isn't loading up. Is it just me?

Off-topic: Amir you do realise that you're shooting at a wall in your signature right?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:14:53 PM by Maddy` »

Offline SuriAttacker

• VC-MP Server Admin
  • Wut?
  • Awards VC-MP Most Friendly (2017)
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [Ka]SuriAttacker
  • VC-MP: [Ka]SuriAttacker
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 11:04:39 PM »
Idk but PAC isn't loading up. Is it just me?

Off-topic: Amir you do realise that you're shooting at a wall in your signature right?
It's just you, it works fine for me. Try to clear your browser data or just use another browser.  :)

Offline [TkD]Amir

• Kiddy Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 04:24:31 AM »
yeah maddy

Offline Maddy`

• VC-MP Donator
  • ÃŒl Mìgìlòrè
  • Awards VC-MP Most Hated (2015)
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Maddy
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 09:51:57 AM »
Just wanted to let the PAC admins to reject my name change, I wanted to change =TRC=Maddy to TRC.Maddy. I was using my phone to do this, I accidentally clicked save profile when I had only typed 'TRC.'.
Thank you.