Poll

Lag Compensation On or Off?

On
19 (70.4%)
Off
8 (29.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: [0.3z] Lag Compensation  (Read 7036 times)

Offline enkei

• SA-MP Donator
  • On green, I'm goin' for it...
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: enkei
Re: [0.3z] Lag Compensation
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 08:34:53 PM »
With lag compensation turned on, LW's might turn into a "noob haven", but who really cares? It's better than 0-3 players online at once (what's currently happening). Once in a blue-moon we'll have ~15 players online, but otherwise those days of over 200+ players online simultaneously are over, especially if we don't change anything.

Action causes reaction. If we don't take an action, nothing is going to change. And I think we can all agree on missing the good ol' days. Let's make a change.

Offline n1K

• SA-MP Server Admin
  • COCKY PRICK!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 02:55:15 AM »
Voted for ON. Whatever works in favour of noobs, i am with it.

Offline Azal

• Adult Fish
  • VC:MP name:[UF]BloodClaw SAMP name: Silent_Jack
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 10:33:16 AM »
Voted for ON. Whatever works in favour of noobs, i am with it.

Yeah i'm a Nub so i go with this Nyc person
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 10:34:58 AM by Azal »

Offline BikeDriver

• Fisher
  • I can do anything
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 12:07:02 PM »
Did some hilarious duels yesterday lol.

I like it when somebodys connection is warpy so he keeps moving in a constant direction with constant speed sometimes. And when he is synced again he gets all the damage he would have missed in earlier versions... lol.

Btw just a little hint: The closer you are to the enemy, the esaier it is to hit him. If you are touching him with your guns, then you can pretty much aim wherever you want loool.
BikeDriv:))))

Haha blwelrwelrt, I registered here earlier :P

Offline EnzoMortelli

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2014, 12:34:00 PM »
All the power to WW!! ;D

Offline iDamn

• SA-MP Server Admin
  • I'll be damned!
    • Find me on Steam!
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: iDamn
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2014, 12:43:05 PM »
Well, bullet from nowhere since the RC1 still occured.

And this update does improve our players activity. Newbies stays longer now. Even registered. Hopefully we could get 30+ players regularly.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 03:30:45 PM by iDamn »

Offline Runey

• SA-MP Server Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 10:05:56 PM »
It would be more realistic if we set lag compensation to on.I got used to fight someone who's actually warper or lagger.But still,i voted on! I want to give chance to newbies! ;)

Offline iDamn

• SA-MP Server Admin
  • I'll be damned!
    • Find me on Steam!
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2014, 10:51:03 AM »
Sorry, SpitFire. I wasn't complaining. It's unfortunate for high pingers, like me, TheMightyQ, and others (300-450). I know that we need to get used to the current version of sa-mp. I agree. But this thing make the game more and more unrealistic for high pingers. While low pingers could enjoy the new engine. Not judging, I know most of the players in LWs has a very low ping.

I just dueled with R4Z earlier. I didn't even know he got my health. It was under 10 seconds! I got defeated without knowing I've been shot. That's why I said it's unrealistic for high pingers. It won't be a problem though. I'm getting used to it! And as long as newbies join to enjoy killing, I'm okay with that! Player counts has been amazing. 70% of them are newbies.

On that case,

I LOVE 0.3z!!

Case closed.

Faye

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 01:16:01 PM »
It isn't that your ping is high, it's that your FPS(PC) is lame. Because I played with 600 ping last night, and fighting was just fine since I had 80fps. (I called a friend to test it)

Offline BikeDriver

• Fisher
  • I can do anything
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 01:25:16 PM »
I met a very cool guy yesterday who was already running around with new cheats.

He was using a deagle without reload which shot like a sawnoff and he also had autoaim................

Offline iDamn

• SA-MP Server Admin
  • I'll be damned!
    • Find me on Steam!
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 03:09:30 PM »
My fps is always 75+. (except when I shoot at dust and my fps drops to 10 fps)

Case closed.

It's funny cause since 0.3z is released, some newbies have been using desert eagle alot. And it hits most of the time (cbug). Now I know that there are alot of players with amazing skills on deagle, but today was totally different. I was driving a NRG, at 60% speed when a player hit me with deagle. One aim only . Trying to stay positive, maybe it's just pure luck, or the player has sick skillz, or an aimbot. Is it possible for anti-aimbot system? Like other antihacks, weapon cheats, money cheats, jetpack?

Offline BikeDriver

• Fisher
  • I can do anything
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2014, 04:42:46 PM »
Just met another person who has a deagle without reload................ it does uzi sounds when the shots hit the wall. Not even 1 week into the new version and its already getting annoying.

Far worse than I excepted.

Faye

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2014, 06:56:45 PM »
Hackers are always there, in both 0.3z and 0.3x, it doesn't matter. But LWs is lack of admins activity to punish them & as I noticed, admins aren't that experienced in catching cheaters, specially Aimbotters.

After spending awhile playing A/D, you'd get to catch an aimboter within a blink of an eye, I guess. o.o'

iDamn, I highly doubt you've a +75 fps, and if it drop down to 10 on dust, then that's some misery fps hahaha. And stop saying "case closed" you're not some kind of a judge or something, it's an open discussion, you  don't get to close it when you feel like it.

Also, in 0.3z I could kill 3 people in a raw riding different kind of vehicles (including NRG), within 3 deagle shots with C-Bug, but you would think people cheat when they do it because you're not skilled enough. Could be cheats too though. But, just saying that 0.3z made it pretty easy for me to do.

Offline BikeDriver

• Fisher
  • I can do anything
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2014, 09:02:21 PM »
But you can't deny it that it was far easier to get away from cheaters before.

Most of them cheater wannabes were too stupid to hit you and often couldn't kill you even though they were playing without reload. But now it's just pointless. The person who I met today insta-killed you when you got within weapon range.

Offline Dejo^

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2014, 11:55:38 PM »
i wont disscuss here much, i just have to say that when i skinhit someone he dosen't gets demage. Thats why i dont like 0.3z and probably never will like it ;) 0.3x is bette.

;)