Author Topic: Server off the official list  (Read 12676 times)

Offline Enzo03

• Adult Fish
  • I call dibs on any roadkill...
    • Awards
Re: Server off the official list
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 04:50:36 PM »
Last night (Midnight US Central time, so about 10 hours ago from now) there were about 10 people playing.
Seriously, this server is not living up to what I heard about it before I joined...

At the above mentioned time, there used to be at least 20-40 players, and 12 hours later it would be especially difficult for me to actually log on due to the noobs who have not learned how to shoot while moving.

I CAN HIDE AK-47S AND ROCKETS AND GUNS IN MY PANTS AND GET INTO POLICE STATIONS INGAME LETS DO IT IRL!

Offline [LW][KFJ]Zegro REPRESENT

• Fisher
  • SPEED GOT NOTHIN TO DO WITH SPEED
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 04:54:30 PM »
SAMP is getting the ''VCMP Effect'' as I call it.
Regulars fighting against regulars means the regulars get better at fighting rather than just owning noobs.
When newbies come, they have to fight against some of the best since there aren't that many noobs anymore
There's three possibilities for them:
A) be noobs all the time
B) Get better
C) Leave

This means a lot of noobs leave, and the server is filled with 30 or so ''good'' players rather than 100 noobs and 10 good players.

I personally find this more fun, as I'm sure I may have said in the VCMP forum somewhere.

[LW]AssPumper, [LW]cannguyen, [LW]DonDav, [LW]dugi, [LW]eDiT, [LW]Ez, [LW]gotflash, [LW]Handsome, [LW]ispi, [LW]KmanN, [LW]lilly, [LW]Pancake, [LW]Sjitty, [LW]Tenshi, [LW]WICKERMAN, [LW]Zegro, [LW]Ziggster

Offline PuBerZz

• SA-MP Server Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 04:59:41 PM »
Good point ^^ the thing is to many people on SAMP LW are ratio whores and to many people are 'allied' with each other and they don't even fight for fun, they just pussy foot around certain areas and shoot nubs entering/leaving north ammunation.

Sneaky

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 05:01:13 PM »
Official gone = less players.
Official up = 150 players.

Offline THEWICKERMAN

• Fisher
  • ô.ô
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 05:05:27 PM »
Good point ^^ the thing is to many people on SAMP LW are ratio whores and to many people are 'allied' with each other and they don't even fight for fun, they just pussy foot around certain areas and shoot nubs entering/leaving north ammunation.

/c stats off + allow fighting indoors  ???
"hast thou yet all cups in the cabinet?"

Sneaky

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 05:16:18 PM »
Ok.. IMO littlewhitey's need some new features, no idea at all what but it does.

The property system has been here for ages (I'm not even buying them anymore, its boring), the gang system has been here for ages, the gangzone system has been here for a pretty long time, and well its kinda getting boring if you ask me. Same with the pirate ship, spawnweapons, tank, cop spawns, regular spawns, banks etc etc, its all the same as 2 years ago (maby a little different).

Most people join this server through the official list, thats why littlewhitey's is getting players cause it was official. Now when it isn't official anymore only the people who got the server in theire favorites join and maby about 10/20 people who browse the internet list (which I NEVER do).

LW has always been the same with "minor" changes, always the same gameplay.. it's time for something FRESH, something NEW something exciting, hell maby even move to another town. And if it doesn't work out we can always change back right?

Maby we could make an new topic, where people can post whole new gamemode idea's, good idea?

Offline THEWICKERMAN

• Fisher
  • ô.ô
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 05:25:25 PM »
Ok.. IMO littlewhitey's need some new features, no idea at all what but it does.

The property system has been here for ages (I'm not even buying them anymore, its boring), the gang system has been here for ages, the gangzone system has been here for a pretty long time, and well its kinda getting boring if you ask me. Same with the pirate ship, spawnweapons, tank, cop spawns, regular spawns, banks etc etc, its all the same as 2 years ago (maby a little different).

Most people join this server through the official list, thats why littlewhitey's is getting players cause it was official. Now when it isn't official anymore only the people who got the server in theire favorites join and maby about 10/20 people who browse the internet list (which I NEVER do).

LW has always been the same with "minor" changes, always the same gameplay.. it's time for something FRESH, something NEW something exciting, hell maby even move to another town. And if it doesn't work out we can always change back right?

Maby we could make an new topic, where people can post whole new gamemode idea's, good idea?

LW_SFDM  ??? hell why not rename it THEWICKERMAN'S KINGDOM!  :P
nah im joking (or not..) but yeah a few changes would be good...

new spawn weps (tec or sawns = i quit though..:P)
randomly give a player a cool wep every 10 mins (THEWICKERMAN (ID 10) has recieved 1337 free nades!)
2 fluffys
no more drive bying ....seriously this is what lvp makes fun of the most, it NEEDS removed :-X
buy a property and make it remember you own it, like in vc-mp (thuogh the money system would probably need to be re worked for something like that)

and so on and so forth... so yeah a little change would be good.. or take over the official list again and provide with a fresh supply of nubs  ;D
"hast thou yet all cups in the cabinet?"

Sneaky

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 05:29:10 PM »
Lol that are minor changes, would get boring very quick. I'm talking big here!

Offline [W]IDmad

• Adult Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 05:47:00 PM »
allowing sawn/tec 'bug' could help too....but I think it's too late for changes since most of the clans have moved to LVP already.

Offline [LW][KFJ]Zegro REPRESENT

• Fisher
  • SPEED GOT NOTHIN TO DO WITH SPEED
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 06:38:55 PM »
allowing sawn/tec 'bug' could help too....but I think it's too late for changes since most of the clans have moved to LVP already.
Stop advertising LVP in every fucking post.
I don't know you [as IDmad anyway, heliboi] but you're fucking annoying me with your ''Lulz we r better dan u'' bullshit.

[LW]AssPumper, [LW]cannguyen, [LW]DonDav, [LW]dugi, [LW]eDiT, [LW]Ez, [LW]gotflash, [LW]Handsome, [LW]ispi, [LW]KmanN, [LW]lilly, [LW]Pancake, [LW]Sjitty, [LW]Tenshi, [LW]WICKERMAN, [LW]Zegro, [LW]Ziggster

Offline Handsome

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 06:50:59 PM »
no more drive bying ....seriously this is what lvp makes fun of the most, it NEEDS removed Lips sealed
I'm sure that will attract a lot of new players, alright  ::)

Offline KingJd

• Tiny Fish
  • ;D
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 07:15:54 PM »
 ;D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 10:18:46 AM by KingJd »

SUPERBAD

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 07:56:07 PM »
Stop advertising LVP in every fucking post.
I don't know you [as IDmad anyway, heliboi] but you're fucking annoying me with your ''Lulz we r better dan u'' bullshit.

thanks zigger also thanks KingJd (nice u do those youtube videos) thanks PuberK...

I totally agree to you.

to [w]idMad:
to the 1. post:
It depends on the time , 3 days ago there were 25% more ppl playin on LW than on LVP. But nice try to get more members to LVP
to your second post:
I know u think now its the switch rule that must be changed. But I know u, if it was changed u would cry now about the drive bys. U did this before. If we forbit drivebys, u will cry about the deagle bug, than 2 shot , than the other bugs.
If we do it like that, we might have a pro server where a newbie cant survive a sec. Might be okay.
But after a short periode of time, like 4 month, the good players will get used to it and u will run again with LVP got a better game mode etc.

U said that in the old forum, where switch to avoid reload was not allowed on LVP. Back in these times rules were pretty simular.
There u said LVP got a better game mode...

Offline [V]ACE

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 08:08:57 PM »
:o heated debate lol

Personally, i like db - ok a lot of noobs use it, so long as u have a cuople of sawns and a tec u can blow their car up then kill the dber! Also its a nice way to kill a person if u cant be arsed to get outta ya car

Todeagel/crouch/sawn off bug/2 shot/switchin - nah cant be bothered with it - i dont learn bugs/cheats so i actually dont have a clue on how to do any of them, but ive seen a fight were both used the no reload/switch bugs - fight lasted 2 mins. In LW atm fights last around 5 mins, soetimes longer, and are really gd fights, with dogein, runnin, waitin, etc. . . and it takes more thought when not using bugs

TOP-SAMP

Offline [W]IDmad

• Adult Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 08:50:10 PM »
to [w]idMad:
to the 1. post:
It depends on the time , 3 days ago there were 25% more ppl playin on LW than on LVP. But nice try to get more members to LVP
I haven't seen lw's having more players than LVP a single time during the past week.

to your second post:
I know u think now its the switch rule that must be changed. But I know u, if it was changed u would cry now about the drive bys. U did this before. If we forbit drivebys, u will cry about the deagle bug, than 2 shot , than the other bugs.
If we do it like that, we might have a pro server where a newbie cant survive a sec. Might be okay.
But after a short periode of time, like 4 month, the good players will get used to it and u will run again with LVP got a better game mode etc.
well actually it's good to have bugs banned but the thing is that sawn/tec isn't a bug. Even most of the lw's admins agree on this. Lw's is the only server who considers it as a bug. It's just a good tactic like doing the 2x2 shot with sawnoffs (first shooting 2 rounds and then waiting for a sec and shooting the other 2). It's funny that u allow bugged skins which really do give u an advantage but then disallow sawn/tec 'bug'. But nvm it's your server and u make the rules but remember the rules affect the players and if players don't like the rules they move to another server. A tip to get more players.