Author Topic: [NEW SCRIPT] Suggestions / Wishes  (Read 65425 times)

Hanney

[NEW SCRIPT] Suggestions / Wishes
« on: July 03, 2012, 10:33:59 PM »
I've decided to go ahead and create this new thread for Suggestions / Wishes. A new thread feels more fresh as opposed to posting in an older thread with posts from 2007-2010. So if you have any suggestions for any changes in the script such as things that need to be altered/added/removed/balanced then please place them here giving a lengthy description if possible of why they should be changed and how they could be improved if you know how. I guess i'll start :p

1. When an admin transfers a player the message is globally displayed to everyone in the server that the player is being transferred by an admin. This kind of defeats the purpose of having the stealth command for admins as the player being transported is alerted that an admin has just transferred them aswell as any other potential cheaters in the server. Instead I think only admins should be able to see other admins transferring players as to avoid any confusion when there is a player report so that 3 different admins aren't transporting that 1 reported player at the 1 given time.

2. Players shouldn't be able to repair a vehicle through the use of the !fix command if the vehicle is on fire. It's kinda silly and demotivating to see another players car that you have set on fire to be driving away then suddenly repair itself back to full life. I think that vehicles shouldn't be able to be repaired beyond a certain point of health e.g 35%(black smoke) or 25% (when the vehicle is on fire).

3. "Killing Spree!" announcement message should be either toggable for players or moved elsewhere from the center of the screen to somewhere less in the way such as the bottom centre of the screen. It can be quite distracting during battles when it's staying on the screen for a few seconds as it reduces visibility and especially as a sniper it blocks the sights and crosshair.

4. When !fixing a vehicle or buying weapons from ammunation it doesn't tell you how much each weapon is before hand or after purchase (unless i'm missing a command). Add a message telling the player how much each weapon costs and when money is deducted.

5. A sethp command for admins. Comes in handy in certain situations e.g administrated duels where before each round a players health can be replenished.

6. !eject command should only work if the vehicle is stationary and the speed is at 0mph or however it's measured. Reason being is that I see players abusing it to escape the vehicle at high speeds as it means that they  don't have to fall on the ground when they bail out as normal.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 05:09:32 PM by Hanney »

Offline Darfy

Re: [NEW SCRIPT] Suggestions / Wishes
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 12:06:31 AM »
4. When !fixing a vehicle or buying weapons from ammunation it doesn't tell you how much each weapon is before hand or after purchase (unless i'm missing a command). Add a message telling the player how much each weapon costs and when money is deducted.
I think same goes with !heal and also if you can't afford to heal it gives you the message after the timer runs out which is kinda silly imo.

Anyway good ideas especially the 2nd one, i've been thinking of that for some time now too

Offline [CoKe]CoLa

• VC-MP Server Admin
  • [DU], Unbeatable, Untouchable ahhhhhh!!!
    • Double-U
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 12:06:49 PM »
I agree with all the above, and I have my own suggestions to share.
The suggestions are made under the assumption that lw is a server

1. Set a pickup in hospitals/pharmacies where a player has to stand there for 3 seconds to heal. If the addition of the 3 seconds was for the purpose of preventing the abuse of using the !heal command, I think it is better to have a pickup within the healing area where the player has to stand, therefore effectively decreasing the possibility of abuse. Because with or without 3 seconds, the heal command can still be abused, it's only a matter of how you can survive within that 3 seconds. Also a player could type !heal before they reach the healing area, so that the player can get healed when they get in the healing area, making the waiting time of 3 seconds redundant. Another player may camp at the pickup, but this wouldn't be a problem, as it would just give a challenge for the player who wants to heal. Another alternative (without the pickup idea) would be to check the player's area coordinates before counting down the 3 seconds, therefore forcing the player to be in position at the healing area before they can use the !heal command.

2. Not script related...but do we still have a teamspeak server? :D

3. I'm not sure, but since its squirrel (I heards it's more stable than irc script of the past, thus can have more stuff coded?), a lot more props than the old days for the newbies. Since the oldies have been playing tons and making tons of money even before the script is out, we need some stuff for the newbz0rs to have.

4. Just for teh lulz - when players die, they drop cashes instead of automatically increasing the money of the killer. Could create a new culture of scrambling for cash on ground?

Actually I can;t think of anything :o the server is TOO PERFECT.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:06:47 AM by CoLa »

>VC:MP Since 2007.
>Founder & Leader of DU (2008~).
>Admin @ XE (2009~2015), DU A/D (2010), SvM (2010~12), LW (2012~), WS (2012) and EA (2013).
>Admin for Events: ULK Open Challenge (2009~10), Vice City Duelling Championship (2009~10), XE Events (2010), XAD Clan League (2013) and LW Events (2013~).
>Racing Track Creating Rights @ Miami-Dade Racing Server (2009)
>Highest Spree: 90 (@LW) | Highest Score: 1100 Kills (@SvM), 341 Kills (@LW).

Offline morphine

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Clan of the Year (2016)
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 04:20:15 PM »
When there are a lot of people on the server, the welcome message may not be seen due to the "x has joined the server" flood. My suggestion is to add a timer of about 3 seconds which would delay the welcome message if there are too many people on.

Offline [Nx]Morphine

• Adult Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 06:30:09 AM »
When there are a lot of people on the server, the welcome message may not be seen due to the "x has joined the server" flood. My suggestion is to add a timer of about 3 seconds which would delay the welcome message if there are too many people on.

fuck!! he is not Morphine...im the real and the old morphine ¬¬

pd: hey guys!! do u remember me?? jaja see you :P

Offline Swanson

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 06:33:31 AM »
I remember you from sa-mp, you're the guy that always runs when you're in a fight that you can't win, and then show up with your 'friends'. :)

Offline [Nx]Morphine

• Adult Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »
lol! Nah... that player are you ;)

Offline GRAND

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 08:49:29 PM »
4. Just for teh lulz - when players die, they drop cashes instead of automatically increasing the money of the killer. Could create a new culture of scrambling for cash on ground?

I can imagine many players stealing it from the killer :D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 08:52:20 PM by GRAND1 »

Offline Uzzaji

• VC-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 07:13:43 AM »
I'm seeing alot of players dueling for money lately. Why not adding a dueling system[ ex: !duel <ID> <Money> ] which transfers the money automatically to the winner and also add "Duels Won / Duels Lost" to the stats of the players. I remember I've scripted the whole dueling system a year ago on my lan server and it was fun.

Dueling System in Details:

The System consits of 4 Main Phases

1] Requesting Duel

This is when the player types the command !duel[ Syntax: !duel <ID> <Money> ]. The Script is going to check for the following:
  • If both players have sufficient money
  • If they are on the same team, script will ask them to change team

2] Accepting/Denying

This is when both players have passed the conditions which may prevent them from dueling each other, and the player receives a duel request from his opponent and he may accept it by using the command !acceptduel or deny it by using the command !denyduel

3] Duel Starts

Once both players agrees, Duel starts then the following should be done:

• Teleport both players to the dueling arena[ Those few places in vc where you can't reach unless you are teleported to it ]
  • Freeze Both Players
  • Disarm Both Players
  • Set Both Players HP to 100
  • Give Both Players Stubby Shotgun
  • Countdown from 3 to 0
  • Unfreeze them so duel can start

4] Duel Ends

The Duel may End in 4 Conditions:

A] A Player killed the other:
  • The Script takes the ammout of money they agreed on from the loser to the winner.
  • The Script teleports the winner back to his spawn point.
  • The Script Changes stats of both players[ Dules Won/Lost ]

B] Both Players die in the same time
  • It'll be considered as a Tie
  • Stats will not change

C] One of the players leave the server[ Types /q ]

Since he left the server on purpose then
  • The other player will be considered as a winner and receives his money from the opponent
  • The Script Changes stats of both players[ Dules Won/Lost ]

D] One of the players gets kicked/timed-out for any reason

Since he did not leave the server on purpose then
  • It'll be considered as a Tie
  • Stats will not change

Some Included Features:
  • [ !block/!unblock ]: Player can block a certian player from sending duel requests to him
  • [ !duel [on/off] ]: Player can turn the duel system on/off If its on anyone can send you duel request, If off no one can send you duel request
  • And for fun sake maybe we can add Katana Duels/Fist Duels/M4 Duels

Regards ;)
Uzz.

Offline morphine

• VC-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 02:05:28 PM »

fuck!! he is not Morphine...im the real and the old morphine ¬¬

pd: hey guys!! do u remember me?? jaja see you :P

what do I care
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:24:51 PM by morphine »

Offline Devian

• Kiddy Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 12:38:28 PM »
2. Not script related...but do we still have a teamspeak server?
would be nice a Mumble server.

* Devian pokes Force,AdTec_224 and runs off.

Offline Amiel

• VC-MP Retirees
  • The Events Master
    • DU Clan Forum
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [DU]Amiel
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 03:25:03 AM »
1. !bounty <player><amount> - I've been wishing for this command for ages! Having a bad time with other players owning you? The !bounty command is for you!

2. !clanstats - Shows the top 10 clans in the server. We also had this command before.

3. !clanstats <clan> - Shows the clan stats of a specific clan.

4. Lessen the amount of ammo bullet per character. For example, the chick in Downtown has 1000 bullet for her stubby. Lessen that to at least 20-30 then if the player runs of bullets, the player can go to the Ammu Nation and replenish his/her weapon. This way the business in Ammu Nation will have more purpose. 1000 bullets is too much.

5. (Admin command) /c jail <player><reason>.
Player wish granted.

Offline XGamer

• Tiny Fish
  • You're looking at the right person ^_^
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 05:18:19 AM »
I like the jail idea, when someone rules breaks, you can simply jail him and make him get angry, so this is useful.  :D

Offline morphine

• VC-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 08:56:15 AM »
5. (Admin command) /c jail <player><reason>.

I suggest that there be another parameter for the time of the player to be jailed.

Also, I would like to suggest to introduce a 5 second timer of a function which announces a blank message after the "Killing Spree" announcement is announced for players who achieve a spree, because the bottom announcement does not fade by itself in VC-MP, unlike the standard screen-centered announcement.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 03:36:03 AM by morphine »

Offline Kramer

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 01:43:57 PM »
Is there any chance of adding a few weapon pickups to the map? I know there are weapons for sale  at ammunation but the reason I am asking for this is that some of the skins dont seem to get used much compared to others and I think it may have to do with  what guns they spawn with ( red team lady in brown clothes, golfer, yellow team/DEA and maybe orange team too) plus how far you have to drive to an ammunation may put players off too.

I'm was thinking of just one or two pickups near those spawn areas of "thugstools" weapons with a decent but fairly low ammo count like 120 for rifles and 50 for shotguns aswell as making the pickups have a slow regeneratrion time or one per life.

So I am suggesting there be a ruger at prawn island , leaf links , near lovefist building and at all 3 cop spawns, a shotgun/stubby at the docks and at the yellow team spawn and maybe  a shotgun/stubby for teams that come with a spaz so players can opt out of using that weapon if they want.

I am hoping that this would balance out the team weapons a little and encourage people to use all of the teams a bit more that they seem to at the moment.

Personally I would go a bit further and restrict the spaz to a purchase only weapon to get newer players used to using the other shotguns aswell as getting ammunation some more business seeing as their trade may see a small downturn if there were to be these pickups implimented ;) but I am sure lots of players would not like to see anything like the spaz removed from spawn weps even if it is for their own good, but I doubt anyone would complain about some new additions.

ps. I can see why some people might think that the weapon system is fine as it is (like you get different types of fighting in certainareas of the map) and it is good, just thinking this would make it a bit better.