Author Topic: An option for the command "givecash"  (Read 9014 times)

Offline Emotional6uY

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
Re: An option for the command "givecash"
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2019, 04:40:58 AM »
gr8!
ahh admins can ban anyone trying to breach into other accounts and return everything back like it was  breaching in lw is so rare , so removing give command wasn't that good.
+1

Admins and management, please, and I mean please, bring back the !givecash cmd, otherwise this game isn't that worth to play on.

Please.
"...And when I am in Vice City and want to listen some power ballads about crine alert in a wind tunnel, I listen to Emotion."

-Phil Collins, Emotion 98.3, 1984

Offline Hazard_pk

• Kiddy Fish
  • RELAX!
    • Awards
  • VC-MP: [RT]Hazard
  • PAC ID: 53794
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2019, 07:06:28 AM »
Rather let PAC admins to transfer money in someone's account just like the request of transfer.

Offline Emotional6uY

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2019, 08:23:27 AM »
Rather let PAC admins to transfer money in someone's account just like the request of transfer.

So while the result is the same (remains !givecash / PAC transferring), then why can't the server just be simple as usual? Just to keep !givecash.

Please.
"...And when I am in Vice City and want to listen some power ballads about crine alert in a wind tunnel, I listen to Emotion."

-Phil Collins, Emotion 98.3, 1984

Offline stubborn

• VC-MP Server Admin
  • speak good or stay quiet
  • Awards VC-MP Mod of the Year (2020)
    • Awards
  • VC-MP: [MK]stubborn
  • PAC ID: 42412
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2019, 05:29:03 PM »
+1

Offline amirreza

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
  • VC-MP: amirreza
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2019, 08:35:06 AM »
+1

Offline DamnYouBerkley!

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2019, 11:21:16 PM »
Any part of the staff that can give an answer? like "givecash is not going to be back", "there's a posibility to implement it with another method" or something?
I think it can be back with a secure method, using pac is the easier way and if you are saying that the comunity will not use it only for givecash, they will, and if not, they have too, is probably the only way.
If the staff make it look striking, doing a big post showing how it works, giving links for join in pac, update the support in different languages for all the comunity, it can be implemented, but nobody will make the job if the staff is not going to be active with this things.

You can also make pac a little bit more secure if you mean that the comunity will join in accounts that they aren't owners, use the confirmation message, using the same email that is registered in the account, like a confirmation code, and there you can bring back the command if the staff doesn't want to add it ingame.

Anyways, as always, this is just a suggestion but the comunity wants answers, and obviously, we want to be hear ;)

(pd: people with experience, i dont want to see your useless messages, i want to see the staff in action.)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 11:32:32 PM by DamnYouBerkley! »
Quote from: NewK
First of all, amazing work Berkley, we need more people like you in this community, people who are willing to go the extra mile to catch these cunts.

Offline Grizzy

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Most Improved (2020)
    • Awards
  • VC-MP: [MK]Grizzy
  • PAC ID: 57461
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2019, 03:43:19 AM »
+1 bro very nice concept.

Offline Grizzy

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Most Improved (2020)
    • Awards
  • VC-MP: [MK]Grizzy
  • PAC ID: 57461
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2019, 03:44:43 AM »
+1 very nice concept

Offline Masteroz

• VC-MP Donator
  • When you survive alone, you can survive anything
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2019, 02:36:26 PM »
(pd: people with experience, i dont want to see your useless messages, i want to see the staff in action.)
Everyone has a right to speak and give their opinions in a common topic.

As the !givecash  or !give command is removed, we have the opportunity to let people discover this game and play it with heart, thus enjoying the game. Although this action is a brave one, yet it seems promising.
Players(usually newbies) skip the hardwork mostly and ask their friends for money just after some time joining the server or in most cases, instantly. This decision is in fact very pleasing. Also we can play with money to spend on ourselves, not just throwing it away to those who are anyways gonna go to other servers without having a serious playtime in LW.
Also this will make the gameplay interesting and more challenging and will add some more $$ to the server account.
(Check out the donator denefits,and the good news is, you just get them for 5$ only. Go grab em if u have not yet)

If someone wants to transfer money badly, then he must be heading to PAC, IFF a new function to transfer money is added to PAC.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 02:41:09 PM by Masteroz »

Offline AdTec_224

• Management
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2019, 07:58:52 PM »
The command was removed due to the increasing amount of people attempting to breach accounts of other players (sometimes successful, sometimes not).

On a daily basis we were seeing many players (primarily those from Internet cafes/905) logging on to the server and continually spamming either in public chat or via PM harassing and begging players for money much like below:

<PM> From: (NrA)KinG_905. To: [K]: bro give cash bro money 100000

They would spam repeatedly like this until the person they were spamming gave in or they would move onto the next person. From observing them they would often use the !stats command to find their next target in order to determine who has money.

The volume of this spam was increasing much more significantly over the coming weeks before the command was removed. We would mute/shun/tempban them but as they were playing from an Internet cafe this caused a number of problems:

- The shunned player would just leave the server and rejoin with a different nickname / different machine in the cafe and start the begging process again.

- Due to the environment they were playing from being a cafe it was then hard to track if the player who had just joined with a new nickname was the same player as previously or another player entirely.

- Sometimes when banning them the machine would then become banned (or in some cases the IP address of the cafe) causing problems for all other players in the cafe who were playing legit not causing any trouble.

By removing the !givecash command we aim to deal with the following problems:

- If a player's account is compromised, whoever has access cannot do as much damage as previously since they will be in a 'sandboxed' environment.

- Player's risk losing alot more now if they get banned. Before we have seen instances of players being banned, re-joining under an alias and getting a friend to send them money so that they can buy that PCJ that they just lost from their banned account etc. Players will now have to spend time on the server and progress themselves and earn cash for their posessions.

- As the beggars know the ability to share cash doesn't exist they won't even bother. We have already seen a significant decrease in begging/spamming/player harassment through PM's since it was removed.

--

As anyone who reguarly plays the server will know. You can easily accumulate ALOT of money on your account after playing for awhile. So much that you do not know what to do with. This is because there isn't really alot of things to spend it on. 1 vehicle, ocassional weapons/armour and the healing at the hospital isn't very taxing after gathering a reasonable amount of money. For this reason, we really need to implement and overhaul the server with new features which players can spend the money on to purchase. I do have alot of ideas that I would love to see implemented but at the end of the day it's up to AdTec_224 to decide what he wants to add and doesn't as it's his script and his time and energy spent.

There is some suggestions like transferring money via PAC or limiting the amount to x amount per day that can be transferred. But either of these will still enable the beggars to spam players for money aslong as they are aware that the ability to send cash is allowed.

Currently at the moment AdTec doesn't have any intention of adding this back in for the foreseeable future. I'm personally fine with that aswell. Though hopefully we can look towards adding something to the server which will allow players to spend their hard earned cash.

The above quote pretty much sums up how I feel out it.

Please stop creating topics on this subject.