Author Topic: Monitor Disconnection  (Read 3470 times)

ankit

Monitor Disconnection
« on: May 01, 2013, 05:41:07 AM »
Hi,
Whenever i turn on my PC, it starts normally and stays for around 3-4 minutes. But then monitor goes blank and no signal detected displays. Then i try to re-connect cable then also it doesn't show up.
Then what i did was, switched off the PC by mains and then turned it on again, then monitor stayed without any 'No signal'.
This started happening when Thermal paste was over and PC was restarting because of high temperature cut off. But now, i have replaced the thermal paste. So, temperature and processor are doing fine.

* rockhardy looks for Benny :P

My Specs:
Motherboard: Msi 760g-p21
Processor: AMD FX 4100
Gfx: Gigabyte/AMD HD 6670 2gb DDR3
Power: Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK 600 Watts
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:39:21 AM by rockhardy »

Offline n1K

• SA-MP Server Admin
  • COCKY PRICK!!!
    • Awards
Re: Monitor Disconnection
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 07:06:44 AM »
I had the same problem once. It was due to the graphic card malfunction (it stopped rotating). This caused the pc to work for a few minutes but then due to high temperature the graphic card stopped providing display. You might wanna take a look at that.

Offline Harry_Potter

• Tiny Fish
  • I killed Voldmoret
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 11:47:21 AM »
My friend had the same problem. It happened because the fan of the processor stopped working so the pc was in high temperature and the pc shutdown .   

ankit

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 03:08:16 PM »
High Temperature was issue before applying new thermal paste. But now, Temperature is fine and processor too.
What i am saying is that, Monitor stops working after few minutes and shows no signal. But when i turn off the CPU and turn it on again, monitor works and then never shows No Signal.

This time i let my PC do on his own and it restarted automatically after turning off the monitor. And showed this error after it restarted:
C:/Windows/Minidump/050113-16926-01.dmp
C:/users/rocxxxy/Appdata/Local/Temp/WER-55395-0-Sysdata.xml
C/Windows/Memory.dmp

Edit: I just replaced my RAM from Slot 1 to another and till now it's working fine.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 04:08:12 PM by rockhardy »

ankit

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »
Double Post.
The temperature reading started reading again at 255 degree celcius while playing games. i know that reading is wrong but that makes pc slow down and regain speed when temp comes down(in minute).
I will flash an older version of bios tmrw as i updated it to the latest 1.5 weeks back and i think after that only issues started. Like temp, monitor.

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 11:21:45 PM »
Sorry for being late to your post rockhardy :P

Did you try to connect the monitor to another PC or laptop?
- If yes, and the problem was still occuring you have a broken monitor.
- If yes, and the problem did not occur anymore you might have a broken motherboard or graphics card (depending on which port you connected your monitor on)
- If no, go ahead and do it NAO! :P

I read that you moved your RAM around a bit. Be sure to keep your RAM modules in Slots 1 and 2 (usually coded in colour you will have to google that cuz i cant be arsed to explain right now:P)

Also dont flash your BIOS if everything works fine. Flashing BIOS is only needed when trouble occurs. Like no internet connection, adding features like network booting etc etc (things you need and things u need to fix) the reason im pointing this out is mainly because if you do it wrong you can go shopping for a new motherboard (or if you are tech savvy a new bios chip) Usually flashing BIOS wont help your temperature readings. Its usually sensors on the board that are either malfunctioning or simply not featured on the board.

Also i read the topic partially so i might have missed a few things that you tried or where mentioned by others and accidentially mentioned myself again lol.

Anyway im not that active right now since im interning at a big ass energy company doing IT service desk stuff repairing shit other people broke.. lol

ankit

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 04:18:09 AM »
All the best for your internship.
I am saying i will flash BIOS to its previous version as i updated it last week.
Nvm,

Here's the summary of what happens exactly:
1. Switch on the PC (everything boots perfect)
2. Desktop shows up (and stays for about a minute or two)
3. Then Monitor shows 'No Signal' and even USB keyboard doesn't work.
4. sometimes it restarts automatically or sometimes i have to manually do it by turning the CPU of and then again ON.
5. Everything in CPU is working including all the fans(stock cooler, case fan, graphics card fan)

And if i manually turn off the PC when No signal is shown, and then turn it on. It stays normal but yet false temperature readings come when playing games.

Edit: I RMA'ed Motherboard (as i was following techguy forums too)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:26:41 AM by rockhardy »

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 08:35:31 PM »
I think its either a motherboard problem or video card.

What you also could have done was take out the graphics card. Hook up the monitor to the motherboard VGA or DVI port if it has one. And see if that fixed it. If it did than your graphics card is broken for sure.

There are a couple simple checks you can do to figure out whats broken inside but they are to much to explain.

ankit

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 01:23:16 PM »
It was the issue of faulty M/B

Well, the good news is that i got my M/B back from RMA. I got it replaced with a new one.
Just assembled everything again and now testing the temperatures while multi-tasking, playing games, and stressing the CPU to check for Temperature.

I'll post back in an hour or two to confirm and will mark the topic as Solved.

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 03:44:24 PM »
I take it that it hasnt been solved yet? Since you did not post back :P

ankit

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 04:30:16 PM »
Well, i was also following another Tech froum but that didn't helped too. Then i figured it out somehow by installing Windows again and then found out that temperature software named 'Core Temp' was causing restart and hard hangs as it was set to auto-start. (it may be a bad copy of what i had or smth).
It's solved now (just 2 days back).

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 06:23:49 PM »
Well, i was also following another Tech froum but that didn't helped too. Then i figured it out somehow by installing Windows again and then found out that temperature software named 'Core Temp' was causing restart and hard hangs as it was set to auto-start. (it may be a bad copy of what i had or smth).
It's solved now (just 2 days back).

Ah ok would have loved to figure out the exact cause of the problem though. But all in all its good that you got it working again :).