Author Topic: [Minecraft] Server support has ended (June 2021)  (Read 3822 times)

Offline Ryz

• Management
  • Awards VC-MP Admin of the Year (2012)
    • Portfolio
    • Awards
  • PAC ID: 421
[Minecraft] Server support has ended (June 2021)
« on: May 11, 2021, 11:03:57 AM »

Unfortunately, due to a lack of interest and zero demand for a Minecraft Server - the server will no longer receive any support from June 2021.

This means that:

- All plugins will not be updated when new versions are released.
- The server will not be updated. (if a new Minecraft client version update is released, the server will be updated to allow the new version to work however any plugins that fail to work will be disabled)
- No more plugins will be added, no more features.
- No immediate rush to restart the server. (e.g the server crashes, maintenance etc...)
- Players who encounter issues for example forgot password or unable to connect will have to wait a lengthy period of time for a resolution.
- All future plans for the server are now cancelled.
- Possibility for the server to be shutdown in the future.
- All forum boards have been removed, leaving only essential topics.

Originally the plan was to shutdown the server completely however, I will keep the server running albeit with no support in the future. There is still a chance the server will be shutdown eventually.

Any questions or queries please feel free to ask, this topic will be left open.

June 2021 Update:
SERVER SUPPORT HAS NOW ENDED
see above for more information on what happens next.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 09:19:05 AM by Ryz »

Offline SuriAttacker

• VC-MP Server Admin
  • Wut?
  • Awards VC-MP Most Improved (2017)
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [Ka]SuriAttacker
  • VC-MP: [Ka]SuriAttacker
Re: [Minecraft] Server support ending June 2021
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 04:41:25 PM »
"due to a lack of interest"

Wouldn't it be better if we promote the minecraft server and see where that takes us?

Offline Ryz

• Management
  • Awards VC-MP Admin of the Year (2012)
    • Portfolio
    • Awards
  • PAC ID: 421
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 05:01:40 PM »
"due to a lack of interest"

Wouldn't it be better if we promote the minecraft server and see where that takes us?

I like your optimism. Perhaps I am looking at this from the wrong perspective. It's hard to be motivated when the server just idles every day and feels like a waste of time.

Here's the thing though, I don't want to be the only one focusing on the server. So here's an open invitation to anyone who reads this, if you are interested in saving the MC server and joining a team give me a message, perhaps strength in numbers is the winning ticket.

Offline EnzoMortelli

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 07:28:57 PM »
This comes to no surprise to me. The first shutdown right in the active period has destroyed a lot of trust within the community that would always haunt any attempts to revive. And the first shutdown had been so long that a lot of the past members had already moved to alternatives before you reopened it. You've practically started not from zero but from -100 and Minecraft is a very unforgiving server market, much harder than SA-MP.

There is nobody to blame really, it just didn't go well for this server. Shit happens, right?