Author Topic: Change door checkpoints  (Read 4872 times)

Offline Gryphus_One

• Banned
  • Personal Text
    • My Youtube account ;)
    • Awards
Change door checkpoints
« on: January 02, 2011, 10:41:55 PM »
Well I have heard something of changes in this for the next gamemode, but as I'm not sure I post this just in case:

As you all know, currently when you enter doors, you suffer from an entering animation that disables all your controls and leaves you COMPLETELY EXPOSED to enemy fire for some seconds, meaning that in those moments you are completely DEFENCELESS because you can't fight back, you can't escape, and you can't do ANYTHING!!! specially lame is when you manage to get inside, walk a few meters and then you fall dead without being able to avoid it in any way.
I guess this is what leads some players to PAUSE while entering doors.

Door shooting in LW and two solutions

A summary of the changes that you want: to change the current yellow door checkpoints for some other ones that remove the entering animation and get you INSTANTLY to the interior when you approach them. An example are the red cp's in San Fierro Rumble:

The advantages of this change happening: NO MORE DOOR PAUSING, newbies will have more chances to escape from regulars chasing them, fairer game and less laming (because of less backshooting defenceless players), etc.
The disadvantages of this change happening: that maybe some regulars would complain because they would lose an easy way to rape newbies.

Offline Disco

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
Re: Change door checkpoints
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 10:50:58 PM »
The disatvantage is that all runners will escape easily so -1
gryphus ure still shit :)
But even if it get accepted then i am sure i will do easily a topspree over 200 :)

Offline Slice

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 11:08:51 PM »
No. The new system will prevent any pausing and has a ~2 second waiting time to get in. If you get in instantly players will just run even more and that's just lame.

Offline Gryphus_One

• Banned
  • Personal Text
    • My Youtube account ;)
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 11:12:51 PM »
No. The new system will prevent any pausing and has a ~2 second waiting time to get in.

Ohh, so you won't only fix the problem but also will remove the only thing that players can do to avoid it?

If you get in instantly players will just run even more and that's just lame.

Yeah, but think of the poor newbies that try to escape from regulars, are on low health and die while entering. That IS lame.

Offline Slice

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 11:41:07 PM »
No. The new system will prevent any pausing and has a ~2 second waiting time to get in.

Ohh, so you won't only fix the problem but also will remove the only thing that players can do to avoid it?

If you get in instantly players will just run even more and that's just lame.

Yeah, but think of the poor newbies that try to escape from regulars, are on low health and die while entering. That IS lame.

I understand your arguments and what you're trying to say; first allow me to start off with a classic quote:
“If it ain't broke, don't fix it.”

See if I were to set it to just teleport players when they enter the door entries, it would be way too easy to just run away from fights etc. If players can run away that easy, in order for fair play, interiors would have to have damage enabled everywhere - which would bring more annoyances. I simply came to the conclusion that having players being froze for a few seconds is better and more balancing to the gameplay than allowing players to instantly enter/exit interiors.

Offline BikeDriver

• Fisher
  • I can do anything
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 07:56:09 AM »
gryphus you are just retarded.

what is a deathmatch server without death?

But even if it get accepted then i am sure i will do easily a topspree over 200 :)
not if im online :-*

BikeDriv:))))

Haha blwelrwelrt, I registered here earlier :P

Offline SRC

• SA-MP Donator
  • Copac Founder !
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 08:11:35 AM »
Hey man i think in v4 that is a new sistem door and this bug is fixed

LW v4 Sneak peak ~ Bank

Offline Faraday

• The Scranton Strangler
  • SA-MP Retirees
  • Super[M]unkey
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 08:54:38 AM »
If you would have read this topic, you shouldn't be posting this. Which would cause us less headache trying to explain the system to you, causing the forum being less cluttered, causing everyone to be happier.
So in a nutshell, read first.

Slice has already made the system and it's a stable system. Also if you would use commmon sense: v4 is being developed, so why should we do such a major change to the current gamemode if it's already going to be in v4? Think about that one. That would be a complete waste of time.

So, topic locked due to lack of common sense in here.