No, it's good now.
5 (31.3%)
I don't care
1 (6.3%)
CHAT BOX! that would be good
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: February 04, 2011, 11:25:23 AM

Author Topic: Forum suggestions  (Read 10113 times)

Offline Friskyyyy

• Fisher
  • Retired star
    • Awards
Forum suggestions
« on: January 05, 2011, 11:23:16 AM »
Hello. I know, maybe it'll be not accepted, but why not?

A summary of the changes that you want:
1. Let user remove his own created topic. Similiar of that- let user lock his topic.
2. Let user remove his post
3. Let user post in Ban Appeal topic. WHY? We can help admins.
4. Add some subforums ( as Sport, Auto, or others.
5. Chat box. All members could chat easier. Especially, if they don't have mirc.
The advantages of this change happening:
Ability to users to have free space in forum. They could control what they doing.

The disadvantages of this change happening:
Don't know

Any script snippets which provide the feature that you want

Extra notes: Managment should regard to user wishes sometimes.

Thanks, Friskyyy.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:43:08 PM by [V]Jovani »

legolas3983

Re: Forum suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 11:40:08 AM »
at the Ban appl we are not allowed to post any reply, cuz some retards can spam it or something :P

Offline SRC

• SA-MP Donator
  • Copac Founder !
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 12:47:50 PM »
i like [  3  ] but just for donators maybe just donators not all player

Offline Friskyyyy

• Fisher
  • Retired star
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 01:00:07 PM »

at the Ban appl we are not allowed to post any reply, cuz some retards can spam it or something :P

they could be blocked, ?

Offline Quickplay

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Crazy Mind
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Quickplay
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 01:06:20 PM »
ehm...no

Offline Friskyyyy

• Fisher
  • Retired star
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 01:41:18 PM »
forgot one, chat box if it is available;

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 02:08:01 PM »
1/2:
It could get messy if you got a few idiots on the forum who dont know what they are doing. For example topics get screwed up because people remove their posts would look like some people are talking to someone who isnt even there you know.

3:
Posting in ban appeals, well lets say someone hates you very much and you get banned, that someone sees your ban appeal and starts to reply on your ban appeal starting a flame war etc etc saying stuff like 'HA HA serves you right retard, and stay banned' for example. This is the main reason why normal regular forum users are not allowed anymore to reply in ban appeals.

4:
Subforums for stuff like sports, cars etc etc is basicly the Off-topic section where you can blabber all the stuff you want to discuss with people. Theres no real need for this in my opinion. The forum is a maze already right now.

5:
Chat box could be good but would probably get spammed alot by bots, retards, non-english users which would be annoying to.

legolas3983

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 02:58:06 PM »
forgot one, chat box if it is available;
was suggested by me and before again :P

they could be blocked, ?
ye if its possible :P

Offline SRC

• SA-MP Donator
  • Copac Founder !
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 03:37:11 PM »
1/2:
It could get messy if you got a few idiots on the forum who dont know what they are doing. For example topics get screwed up because people remove their posts would look like some people are talking to someone who isnt even there you know.

3:
Posting in ban appeals, well lets say someone hates you very much and you get banned, that someone sees your ban appeal and starts to reply on your ban appeal starting a flame war etc etc saying stuff like 'HA HA serves you right retard, and stay banned' for example. This is the main reason why normal regular forum users are not allowed anymore to reply in ban appeals.

4:
Subforums for stuff like sports, cars etc etc is basicly the Off-topic section where you can blabber all the stuff you want to discuss with people. Theres no real need for this in my opinion. The forum is a maze already right now.

5:
Chat box could be good but would probably get spammed alot by bots, retards, non-english users which would be annoying to.

once in a while even had evidence for some players cheaters or cheat us with the opportunity to show it to the post I think it would be good so that we can and we can only reply to Ban call donators ..

Offline Friskyyyy

• Fisher
  • Retired star
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 03:51:50 PM »
WHY DONATORS? let all players, donators have their abilities.

legolas3983

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 03:54:58 PM »
if this will be accepted, let admins chose who should be available :}}
ops mai english bed  :-\

Offline Gryphus_One

• Banned
  • Personal Text
    • My Youtube account ;)
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 04:22:42 PM »
Friskky you read my mind, I was thinking of making a similar suggestion, but ONLY for the ability to lock your own topics. And I KNOW this is possible because I have seen it in other forums baded on Simple Machines Forums.

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 05:14:13 PM »
Well like slice says alot. If it aint broke dont try to fix it. That same thing applies here. If admins see fit to close a topic they will if not they wont. It shouldnt be up to players to lock topics since they could lock it to their own benefit before others can reply or post their opinions. Would be like the topic creator of this topic closing the topic just before i want to post this reply it wouldnt be fair. Plus if you want a topic locked ask an admin or mod or who ever is allowed to. No need for us to do it ourselves it would only make things messy and chaotic.

Example:
Gryphus wanted to reply to a topic, topic was closed.

Action: Gryphus creates new topic as an answer to the closed topic.

Admin action: Gryphus gets forum ban.

Here is the situation with gryphus getting his forum ban for the exact reason why we shouldnt be able to lock topics.
http://forum.littlewhiteys.co.uk/index.php/topic,14564.0.html
http://forum.littlewhiteys.co.uk/index.php/topic,14569.0.html

This typ of thing will just happen even more if you let retarded people close their topics. I repeat if it aint broke dont fix it. And just because its possible on other forums doesnt mean it should be made possible here. Theres a reason behind it why people arent allowed to post in ban appeals or lock their topics one of them i have explained. And btw you could basicly script anything you want to add to this forum anything is possible you can even add games to it if you want (flashgames that is).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:16:24 PM by WildStyleZx89 »

Offline Friskyyyy

• Fisher
  • Retired star
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 05:38:47 PM »
So? If he'll spams, he will get banned? It's simple. but understand it's more easier to control your topics or posts.

Offline BikeDriver

• Fisher
  • I can do anything
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 05:58:16 PM »
1. Let user remove his own created topic. Similiar of that- let user lock his topic.
just ask forum moderator and they will remove/lock your topic.

2. Let user remove his post
if you are not satisfied then just pm a moderator and tell him to remove your post.

3. Let user post in Ban Appeal topic. WHY? We can help admins.
just no. its admin section. i dont want flashys smartassing or SRCs english there. dont ruin the fun. admins are enough to entertain us.
if you got any information for the admin then just PM him and tell him about your concerns

4. Add some subforums ( as Sport, Auto, or others.
just ask a forum moderator and they might add your desired subforum in offtopic section..

5. Chat box. All members could chat easier. Especially, if they don't have mirc.
i hate chatboxes. they auto refresh the page every few seconds. that will slow down your internet. also its way too spammish and stupid.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 06:11:48 PM by BikeDriver »
BikeDriv:))))

Haha blwelrwelrt, I registered here earlier :P